Job Posting - Network Administrator
Do you love new challenges, dynamic co-workers, and big technology projects? If so, keep reading! GPPL is looking for an experienced Network Administrator to join our fun-loving team of library professionals. As the Network Administrator, you will be responsible for leading GPPL’s IT infrastructure and systems. Reporting to the Director, this role ensures that IT systems and equipment are effective by determining the overall technology infrastructure needs of the organization and maintaining them appropriately.
Who You Are:
- A strong self-starter with a passion for seeing a project from start to finish
- A technophile with a diploma or degree in computer science, network administration, or equivalent field and a minimum of five years of experience in network administration, server management, desktop and computer set up, troubleshooting, etc.
- A highly-organized, analytical, and communicative techie with the ability to translate technology concepts into everyday language
- A positive critical thinker with the ability to properly assess and recommend new technologies in conjunction with a budget and feedback from other staff
- A team player capable of seeing the bigger picture and delivering high-quality results that contribute to GPPL’s success as an organization
- Hours of work include a 35-hour work week (Monday to Friday) with some on-call evening and weekend work required. Generous vacation compensation included
- Salary to be on Head of Adult Services grid and commensurate with experience. Salary currently under review
- GPPL offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as a pension plan with the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Review of applications will begin March 25th, 2019, with the desired start date of May 6th, 2019. Candidates are invited to email their letter of application with a detailed resume and three references to:
Grande Prairie Public Library
101, 9839-103 Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6M7
ATTN: Deb Cryderman
Please see the below PDF for a complete job description:
Summer Job Postings
The Grande Prairie Public Library is seeking post-secondary students for three summer positions: Children's Summer Reading Game Coordinator, Reading Buddies Coordinator, and Teen and Adult Reading Game Coordinator.
Full details regarding each position are available in the linked files below.
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- To comply with our funding requirements, applicants must also
- Have completed as least one year of post-secondary education
- Be returning to full-time studies in fall 2019
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30
- Have registered for the Young Canada Works online candidate inventory (details available at http://young-canada-works.canada.ca)
Work dates: Monday, April 29 to Friday, August 30 (18 weeks)
Wage: $18.09 per hour (plus 9.4% vacation/holiday pay)
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, including evening and weekend shifts
Successful applicants will have to obtain a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and up to three references by Friday, March 22, 2019 as follows:
Children's Summer Reading Game Coordinator
Reading Buddies Coordinator
Teen and Adult Reading Game Coordinator