Job Posting: Library Clerk – Customer Services – Permanent Part-time
The Grande Prairie Public Library is seeking an individual with strong customer service skills and an interest in serving the public.
This position has an average of 12 hours per week and is to start in August 2018.
Under the supervision of the Head of Customer Services, the Library Clerk carries out a number of responsibilities aimed at ensuring library customers have a positive experience when visiting the Customer Services Desk. The successful candidate will be responsible for registering new library members, checking material in and out, receiving payments for late fees and damaged replacement costs, answering basic library-related questions, directing customers to the Information Desk when required, as well as performing a number of other similar responsibilities.
This position includes evening and weekend shifts.
Qualifications and Working Conditions
- High school diploma required
- Previous library experience preferred
- Above average keyboarding skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Works in a front-line public service environment and as such, deals with constant interruptions by person or phone
- Stands for extensive periods of time
- Periods of continuous computer work
- Required to bend and reach repetitively to retrieve materials
- Required to lift and push heavy objects
The Grande Prairie Public Library serves the City of Grande Prairie (pop. 68,500) and is the Resource Centre for the Peace Library System. For more information about the Grande Prairie Public Library, please see our website at www.gppl.ca. For information about the growing city of Grande Prairie, please go to www.cityofgp.com.
Review of applications will begin August 1, 2018. If you are interested, please mail or e-mail your letter of application along with a detailed resume to:
Grande Prairie Public Library
101, 9839-103 Ave.
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6M7
ATTN: Heather Willner
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.