Job Posting: Teen Services Librarian (maternity leave)
The Grande Prairie Public Library is seeking an innovative, outgoing, and resourceful individual to serve as Teen Services Librarian from Tuesday, November 26, 2019 to Friday, November 20, 2020.
Under the supervision of the Head of Children’s and Teen Services, the Teen Services Librarian will develop relationships with schools and community groups, create and deliver library programs for teens, perform reader’s advisory and reference duties, manage collection development of teen materials, promote library services in the community, and serve on the weekend supervision rotation.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, and
- 1-3 years public library experience, including collection development and programming, or
- any equivalent combination of library education, experience, and training sufficient to indicate ability to deliver services and programs to teens
- In-depth knowledge of literature and resources for teens
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment
- 35 hours/week
- Some evening and weekend shifts required
- 3 weeks vacation time
- Salary to be on Librarian grid ($29.36-$39.16/hr), commensurate with experience
The Grande Prairie Public Library serves the City of Grande Prairie (pop. 68,500) and is the Resource Centre for the Peace Library System. For more information about the Grande Prairie Public Library, please see our website at www.gppl.ca. For information about the growing city of Grande Prairie, please go to www.cityofgp.com.
Review of applications will begin Friday, November 1, 2019. Candidates are invited to send their letter of application with a detailed resume and 3 references to:
Grande Prairie Public Library
101, 9839-103 Ave
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6M7
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.