GPPL's toy collection is supported by a generous ongoing donation by the Grande Prairie Elks Lodge 285. The toys are sturdy, washable toys stored in bags on a display caterpillar in the Children's Department.
Toy Collection Notes
- Toys are for home use only.
- Toys may be borrowed by patrons who have a valid GPPL card and have signed a Toy Lending Registration Form (available at the Children's Information Desk).
- Families may borrow 2 toys at a time for a period of 3 weeks.
- Toys must be returned to the Children's Information Desk, not the Customer Service Desk or Book Drop.
- Toys may not be placed on hold.
- If toys are returned with damaged or missing pieces, the borrowing patron will be held responsible for the replacement cost of the entire toy.
- When toys are returned, GPPL staff members
- Check in the toy
- Count the toy's pieces
- Wash and disinfect the toy
- Count the toy's pieces a second time
- Return the toy to the shelf