Job Posting – Customer Experience Specialist
Do you love creative problem-solving, dynamic co-workers, and making people happy? GPPL is looking for a permanent, full-time solutions-oriented Customer Experience Specialist to join our fun-loving team of library professionals. As the Customer Experience Specialist, you will be responsible for managing a range of Library staff and encouraging positive collaboration in the department. Reporting to the Head of Customer Services, this role ensures GPPL provides seamless service from items on the shelf to direct patron interactions.
Who You Are
- A strong self-starter with a passion for fostering positive relationships between patrons and staff
- A proactive thinker with a Library Information Technology (LIT) diploma or bachelor’s degree and a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service experiences. A combination of relevant experience and education will be considered
- An empathetic, flexible, and energetic shift disturber who ensures smooth sailing in the Customer Services department by being approachable and utilizing exceptional listening skills
- A positive critical thinker with the ability to properly assess and recommend new solutions to improve upon GPPL’s customer service experience
- A team player capable of collaboration, seeing the bigger picture, and delivering high-quality results that contribute to GPPL’s success as an organization
- Hours of work include a 35-hour work week with evening and weekend work required. Generous vacation compensation included
- Salary to be on Level 4 of the GPPL’s salary grid ($53,435 - $71,269) and commensurate with experience
- GPPL offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as a pension plan with the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of employment
GPPL supports and endorses the Canadian Federation of Library Associations’ commitment to the universal principles of intellectual freedom as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which include the freedoms to hold opinions and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
GPPL believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and sense of community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until July 24, 2020, with a desired start date of August 31, 2020. Candidates are invited to email their letter of application with a detailed resume and three references to:
ATTN: Deb Cryderman
Grande Prairie Public Library
101, 9839-103 Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6M7
Please include Customer Experience Specialist in the subject heading of your email application. For more information, please see the Customer Experience Specialist job description.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.