CBD vs. THC
Cannabis is made up of more than 120 components, which are known as cannabinoids. Two options available to consumers are known as cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- non-intoxicating and non-euphoric, meaning it won’t get you “high"
- used to help reduce inflammation and pain
- may also ease nausea, migraine, seizures, and anxiety
- this is the main psychoactive compound in cannabis
- THC is responsible for the “high” that most people associate with cannabis
You can find cannabis products that contain just CBD, THC, or a combination of both.
The dried flower that most people associate with cannabis contains both cannabinoids, though certain strains may have much more of one than the other.
Hemp has large quantities of CBD, but no THC.