Every summer, GPPL offers a Summer Reading Game designed to keep teens reading over the summer.
Monday, July 1 to Saturday, August 24
All teens 13 and 18 are welcome to participate. No registration required.
How to Play
This year teens will be challenged to a book bingo! For every book you read this summer, your name will be entered into a weekly draw. If the book you read also fills in a spot on your bingo card, you will be given an extra entry into the weekly prize.
When you finish a book, fill out a ballot and enter it into the weekly prize draw. The ballot box will be located on the Shipwrecked display in front of the stairs.
If you can't make it into GPPL, email the following information to email@example.com
- Phone Number
- Title of Book
- Author of Book
- Date Finished
- Which category your book fills on your bingo card
- Review (Optional)
Everytime you finish a book and submit a ballot you receive one entry into the weekly prize draw. Weekly prizes will be various $25 giftcards. Draws will take place every Tuesday from July 8 to August 27. Winners will be notified by phone.
Bonus ballots can be earned in two ways:
- Including a review of the book with your ballot. These reviews will be posted to our Goodreads account
- Reading a book that fills a spot on your bingo card
- Earning a ‘bingo’ on your card will earn you a teen book from our prize collection. Bingos must be verified by GPPL staff
Kyla, our Teen and Adult Reading Game Coordinator will enter bonus ballots for you. Displays will be set up each week, and booklists will be available on these displays.
All summer reading game participants will be entered in a draw to win a Beats Solo3 headphones. This draw will take place on Friday, August 28.
- Children's picture books are not permitted
- Audio-books, graphic novels, and manga are permitted
- Participants must reside within the City or County of Grande Prairie, Saddle Hills, or the MD of Greenview.
Teen Summer Hangouts
Come hang out and play some awesome games, and make some awesome crafts. Audience: ages 12 to 18. Maximum 20 teens.
July 4 – Summer Movie Kickoff: Five Feet Apart
July 11 – Mario Kart Deluxe 8
July 18 – Card Games
July 25 – Snack Olympics
August 1 – Summer Movie
August 8 – Friendship Bracelets
August 15 – Silent Library
August 22 – Button Making
August 29 – Summer Wrap Up Movie
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Location: Willie Janssen Discovery Room
If you have any questions, contact Kyla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-357-7496.