GPPL Cares: Community Chromebook Connection
What to know before borrowing:
- Chromebooks can be borrowed for three weeks. They cannot be renewed.
- Chromebooks cannot be returned through the book drops. Please hand them back to Customer Services or Curbside staff.
- The replacement cost for an unreturned Chromebook is $320.
- A wireless Internet connection is required to set up and operate the Chromebook, and a Google account is recommended.
- Due to the nature of the technology, GPPL is unable to guarantee network security and/or privacy.
- GPPL is not legally responsible for the activity conducted on the hotspot devices. If illegal activity is detected and a warrant is issued by law enforcement, we may be obligated to provide your membership information.
The GPPL Cares: Community Chromebook Connection Project
The GPPL: Cares: Community Chromebook Connection project is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Support Fund and the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta.