GPPL gratefully accepts financial donations, which help the Library grow its services and resources. There are several ways to provide financial support:
In-person: Visit the Library and one of the staff at the Customer Services desk will be happy to accept your donation. Leave us your full name and address and we will mail you a tax-deductible receipt for any donation for $10.00 or more.
By mail: You can mail your cheque to GPPL at 101, 9839 103 Ave. Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6M7. Please include a note if you have any special instructions.
Online: We make it easy to give through our online, secure payment option. Please click here to donate immediately.
Books and other materials
We are pleased to accept gently used books and other materials which we will either add to our collection or make available to the public at our ongoing "Books for Sale" rack .
How to donate
Small numbers of donations (a bag or boxful) may be dropped off at the Customer Services desk in the Library. To discuss larger donations, please contact Technical Services at (780) 357-7460.
Criteria for donated materials
• Recently published fiction and non-fiction
• Paperbacks and hardcovers
• Regular print and large print
• Classics (in excellent condition, please)
• CDs, DVDs, books on CD (in excellent condition – no scratches, broken cases)
• Toys (in excellent condition and no more than 50 pieces)
We cannot accept:
• Material in poor condition (worn, torn, dusty, written in)
• Mouldy, damp books
• Books with yellowed or brittle pages
• Items containing outdated information
• Encyclopedia sets and almanacs
• Textbooks, manuscripts
• Reader’s Digest condensed books
• Magazines and newspapers
• Audio-visual material in cassette or VHS format
• Computer software
Donated items are added to the collection if they meet the criteria listed above, meet the standards of GPPL's Collection Management Policy, do not result in unwanted duplication and are in formats that fit our collection. Due to the subjective nature of fair market value, we will no longer be issuing tax receipts for donated Library materials.